Jacob: This summer you and I are going freight jumping.
Me: People die that way.
Jacob: No they don't.
Me: Sure they do, if you get in the coal cars. My uncle works for Georgia Power, and sometimes people would get in the huge bins and be buried in coal and die.
Jacob: What, is it like quicksand? Why couldn't they just jump out?
Me: No, they jump in while the bins are empty, and then they couldn't get out, and the whole thing is automated I guess, so they would be buried in coal and no one would know until they went to dump the coal out and out comes a corpse. Then they have to call the police and everything.
Jacob: God. . .I'm not talking about that. I didn't mean coal trains. I meant riding in the boxcar like the Jews to the concentration camps.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment