Tonni: Did you hear that lightnin' poppin' last night? I swear it had to be hittin within a mile of that mill. It was rockin' son.
Big E: Hell! Damn storm knocked out my dish this mornin'!
Edna: I was ridin' through Alabama St. this morning and I had Cameron in the car. Man, that lightnin' was poppin', and I'd go "ooo" and he'd sit there and go "ooo."
This is a conversation from a few months bag out of my travel journal that I try to carry around, especially at work--where this took place. All of these people are Piggly Wiggly workers, and this was after a pretty big storm. One note, Big E lives for his satellite dish. Without it, he is lost. And Cameron is Edna's young grandchild that she now cares for after his mother went to jail and lost custody.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment