“He’s from out of town
Everywhere he goes.”
-Tim and I
There is a guy from out of town who comes to Carrollton every now and then and basically parties and sleeps around with various women while here. After this happened to someone that Tim was quite fond of—to say the least—we discussed how this guy does it. I posited that these exploits in Carrollton most likely only happen here—since the out-of-towner loses his appeal at home—and that this is his draw to Carrollton. Tim thought otherwise. Also, Tim and I have held two-liner—or call-and-response as he likes to call them—sessions several times over the past few months where one of us says a line and the other replies and we get dozens of two line poems. This started out as an improv off of Joshua Beckman and Matthew Rohrer (page 168 in Chad Davidson and Gregory Frasers Writing Poetry), but we’ve tried to keep it going somewhat. This instance happened outside of this arena of forcing two-liners, but I felt that it made an interesting entry nonetheless.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment