Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Junkyard Quote 2, Week 10

Get 6 Hours During
Maymester in Europe

Maymester is Short
Memories are Forever

May 15-26, 2010

Program will visit: Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Luxembourg City, Brussels, Paris, London, Big Ben, The Eiffel Tower, EU Headquarters, The British Museum, The Louvre Museum, Westminster, Notre dam


This is on a poster outside the class. Now I am all for students studying abroad, I've done it twice myself, but this program is covering A LOT of ground in a small amount of time. Traversing a half dozen cities, that aren't exactly close together, in less than two weeks, and then being forced to go from museum to museum to tourist site, just isn't a whole lot of fun. It reminds me of backpacking around Europe, going through about 9 countries in two weeks, and telling this to a student in Belgium, to which he replied: That's exactly how I think of Americans travelling. If I want to see Paris, I spend a week there, and you were there what? One night?

No comments:

Post a Comment